Thursday, April 19, 2007

Video - A Long Way From Home

Recently I purchased some video editing software which, together with an anti-virus program, set me back 7 yuan (just under $1). At least in a place like Zhangye there is not just pirated software and movies, there is only pirated software, freely available on the shelves of the electronics stores. The only drawback is that the program is entirely in Chinese. However, I lucked out and found video tutorials in English on the company's website, and after some trial and error I figured out how to use it. I'm also somewhat familiar with computer vocabulary in Chinese, as my Windows and Microsoft Word are in Chinese. This can be a hassle sometimes, but on the other hand I like the challenge. Anyway, I've put together some of the early videos I took with my digital camera in China and made it into something presentable. All of it was taken in Zhangye during my first term of teaching.

No comments: